Class XI – Political Science
Indian Constitution at Work
- Enable students to understand the historical circumstances in which the Constitution was drafted.
- Provide opportunity for students to become familiar with the diverse visions that guided the makers of the Indian Constitution.
- Enable students to identify certain key features of the Constitution and compare these to other constitutions in the world.
- Analyze the ways in which provisions of the Constitution have worked in real political life.
- Develop the skills for logical reasoning and abstraction.
- Inculcate attention to and respect for viewpoints other than one’s own.
- Introduce students to the different political thinkers in relation to a concept and in everyday social life.
- Enable students to meaningfully participate in and develop internal concerns of the political life that surrounds them.
- Encourage the students to analyze any unexamined prejudices that one may have inherited.
Contemporary World Politics
- Enable the students to expand their horizons beyond India and make sense of the political map of contemporary world.
- Familiarize the students with some of the key political events and processes in the post cold war era.
- Equip students to be conscious of the way in which global events and processes shape our everyday lives.
- Strengthen their capacity for political analysis by thinking of contemporary developments in a historical perspective.
Politics in India after Independence
- Enable students to become familiar with some of the key political events and figures in the post independence period.
- Develop skills of political analysis through an understanding of events and processes of recent history.
- Develop their capacity to link macro processes with micro situations and their own life.
- Encourage students to take historical perspective of making sense of contemporary India.